At Fairview Mountain Golf Club we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to ensuring the trust of our guests and members by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy "FMGC" means Fairview Mountain Golf Club.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preference and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by FMGC in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation or by using Fairview Mountain Golf Club services.
- By providing to us any Fairview Mountain Golf Club Membership forms
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative or survey.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Fairview Mountain Golf Club services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date. Sometimes we offer special rates to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we may need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Fairview Mountain Golf Club may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Fairview Mountain Golf Club services and those of |select| third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Fairview Mountain Golf Club which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
BECOMING A FAIRVIEW MOUNTAIN GOLF CLUB MEMBER
As a member of Fairview Mountain you have the opportunity to belong to its Membership and participate it their benefits. Because the programs are designed to deliver a higher degree of personalization of service, additional personal information will be required. Membership is voluntary. By choosing to join you have consented to the supply of and use of the personal information.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject Operations and operations personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
FAIRVIEW MOUNTAIN GOLF CLUB OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, and town of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE
Our website does not collect personally identifiable information from your computer when you browse it and pages from our servers. This means that, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with personally identifiable information, we will not know your name, your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information. When you a request a page from our site, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request hitter including the IP number, time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the request header information in order to make our website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on our website. We also use this information to better understand how visitors use our website and how we can better tailor our website, its contents and functionality to meet your needs.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests' use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Fairview Mountain Golf Club it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guests personal information by Fairview Mountain Golf Club to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- Fairview Mountain golf Club will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Fairview Mountain Golf Club will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Fairview Mountain Golf Club will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Fairview Mountain Golf Club will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Fairview Mountain Golf Club will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
If you would like to access your personal information, or to |update| or challenge the accuracy of personal information held by Fairview Mountain Golf Club, please contact the privacy officer in one of the following manners:
· By telephone – 250-498-6050 ext 3
· By facsimile – 250-498-6077
· By mail – 933 Old Golf Course Road, Oliver BC, V0H 1T1
You may also withdraw your consent or limit your consent to the ways in which Fairview Mountain Golf Club may collect, use or disclose your personal information. Please contact Fairview Mountain Golf Club’s Privacy Officer to limit or withdraw your consent. If you do not limit or withdraw your consent, Fairview Mountain Golf Club will assume that it has your consent for the continued use of your personal information for the purposes described in this policy.